Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Friday, January 27, 2006

Barry's Shadow

Barry Bonds has decided to not play in the WBC. He states that he doesn't want to risk injury before the regular season begins. But how valid is that point if he was only scheduled to be a DH and not play the outfield at all? Interestingly enough, there's a tougher, Olympic-style steroids test that's administered in the WBC. Bonds, just returning from a golf tournament in the Dominican Republic avoided the subject with reporters there, then conveniently posted his decision on his web site where he wouldn't have to field questions from hungry reporters. It's too bad that every decision he makes, every potential news article and even every record he may break in the future will always be in the shadow of his suspected steroid use. As much as I dislike the guy, I almost feel sorry for him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand Barry Bonds!!!! And, I'm an avid Giants fan, and have been for the past...well, my whole life. I wish that he'd just go away. I don't feel sorry for him. He doesn't help the team out much...especially on defense. Poo! Moises Alou was a much better outfielder! He actually hustled...yeah, go figure, hustle on the field! That's a concept that is as forgeign to Bonds as the Swahili language. I won't go on, my language will just get more angry and I think I've made my point. ;)

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home